Remember when you were learning to ride a bike as a kid? It was tough, wasn’t it? There was probably some crying involved, and times when you just did not feel like you would ever be able to ride like the big boys and girls.
Too bad there was not a product like the Strider 12 Sport No-Pedal Balance Bike to make life easier on you. It makes learning to ride with pedals easy for toddlers as they safely push along on their feet. Let’s take a closer look.
Strider 12 Sport No-Pedal Balance Bike Features
* Perfect for kids 18 months to 5 years of age
* Very wide seat adjustment range
* Easy to assemble
* Safe way to transition into pedaling bicycles
* Available in 18 different colors
Strider - 12 Sport Balance Bike, Ages 18 Months to 5 Years, Blue
- INSPIRE MOBILITY AND FREEDOM: We believe, if you can walk, you can ride. Our bikes are designed to focus on a simple goal: learning and improving balance. Through this approach, your child will also learn coordination and confidence. We have found it to be the best way to learn to ride.
- ENJOY MASTERING RIDING EARLIER: Our simple focus provides for a safe, easy, and natural transition towards a pedal bike, getting your child to learn at their own comfort level how to balance on 2 wheels as early as 18 months and opening up to them the excitement of a whole new world to enjoy.
- SIMPLICITY AND QUALITY: US patented, high performance design; simple 5 minute assembly (5mm wrench included); flat-free EVA polymer tires; 1 piece ultralight wheels; frame integrated footrest; adjustable seat and handlebars (11-16 in and 18-22 in respectively), and 2 year factory warranty.
- FEATURES AND UPGRADES: An additional, extra-long seatpost lets you adjust the seat height to fit ages 18 months to 5 years. The padded seat and handlebar let your child ride comfortably and the tool-free adjustments let their bike grow with them.
- JOIN THE STRIDER FAMILY: Strider offers a sense of community that has transformed the experience of learning to ride a bike free of the fear of falling and the frustrating option of learning how to operate pedals. Strider hosts events such as Camps, Adventure Zones, and the Strider Cup.
With the help of a balance bike, the child can learn how to balance and ride a bike in the most simplest way.
The simplicity of the Strider no-pedal balance bike technology makes it easy for an 18-month-old to use, but still fun for a 5-year-old. Your child has an 18 color selection, and the 2015 version includes a padded seat not found on previous models.
The 12 Sport is the flagship model of the Strider company. Out-of-the-box this no pedal bike is easy to assemble without any tools. There are no embarrassing training wheels or frustrating pedals. Your toddler can hit the trails or backyard and learn basic bicycle skills that make for a smooth transition to a traditional pedaling bike.
The company has sold more than 1 million Strider bikes worldwide, and offers a wide variety of different models and accessories.
Extras like custom grips, a padded seat and handlebar pads are evidence of the 8 years of research and design the company spent before releasing this kid and parent-favorite balance bike.
Parents will love that the lightweight tires never go flat, and the bike weighs less than 7 pounds.
It is also important to note that your child can begin using this by as early as 18 months. Because it is adjustable, you will not have to buy another bike until your child outgrows this one, around 5 years of age.
There is no turn limiter on the handlebars. In other words, the handlebars can spin all the way around. This can make steering difficult when your child first jumps on the Strider.
However, the design is intentional, letting your toddler to learn how to control turning at low speed. And after a few goes, kids learn to steer easily.
Who Is the Strider 12 Sport No-Pedal Balance Bike Perfect For?
Strider sells more than just a no pedal balance bike. They provide a wide range of accessories, they promote Strider Championship Racing and kid-friendly Play Zones as well as educational camps.
That makes this highly rated balance bike a parent favorite for instilling independence and self-pride in your toddler, while also boosting important motor skill development.