The name Fisher-Price has been around for years and is known to offer high quality products. If you are thinking of purchasing the Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Stride-to-Ride Puppy, find out what other buyers had to say about this toy after making their purchase.
Key Features of the Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Stride-to-Ride Puppy:
- Recommended for ages 9 months and up
- 3 AA batteries are included
- Produces over 50 sounds and songs
- Volume and sound control switches
Should You Buy the Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Stride-to-Ride Puppy?
- As with any noise-making toy, one of the best features of the Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Stride-to-Ride Puppy is that there is a volume control as well as an off switch. The switch also changes the sounds from shapes to letters to numbers.
- The puppy’s nose and collar light up and blocks can be fed into the puppy’s mouth or placed into matching holes on the puppy’s side, making this toy fun for babies who have not managed the art of walking yet.
- For older babies, the puppy can be pushed and as he moves his head nods from side to side. The seat flips up to double as a push handle and can be easily folded back down so baby can ride on it.
- A few parents claimed their children pinched their fingers in certain parts of the Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Stride-to-Ride Puppy, but that can happen with any toy that has moving parts, coupled with the curiosity of an infant exploring their surroundings.
- While the seat does flip up and down to serve its dual purpose, there is a locking mechanism for safety reasons, which needs an adult to release it in order to flip the seat back down. This feature is perfect for babies learning to walk and wanting to push the puppy around, but older children got frustrated over the fact that they could not push the puppy around, and then hop right back on and ride it, without the help of an adult.
The overall benefits of the Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Stride-to-Ride Puppy greatly outweigh the few complaints that people had. Even though the toy may be hard to push at times, or the wheels might not grip the floor surface too well, the sounds and music completely make up for it. One major plus for this toy is the ability to turn the volume up, down and especially off. For the price tag, the Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Stride-to-Ride Puppy would make a great gift for any infant.