Kids at some point will inevitably ask the question: Can I get a tablet? When they’re about 4 years old, this question may instill you with fear when you imagine that expensive tablet lying on the ground with a broken screen. Or maybe you’re questioning your child’s safety online when using that tablet.
Enter the Amazon Fire Kids Edition which will ease those concerns.
First of all the Fire Kids Edition comes with a 2 year warranty. Now, we all know about warranties: lots of fine print which usually amounts to you not getting anything. This warranty is different however: If the tablet breaks within that period the tablet will be replaced no questions asked. That is a fantastic deal!
Second: the tablet comes with a kid-proof case (choose from blue or pink) which will protect the tablet from bumps and drops. The case is lightweight and durable, perfectly fitting those little hands.
Third: The tablet has the best parental controls in it’s class. It allows you to manage usage limits, educational goals and access to content.
The Fire tablet starts in FreeTime allowing the kids to see the content you want them see. But as a parent you can take the tablet out of Freetime using a password, so you can fine tune the settings.
Now let’s look at the specifications of the Fire Kids Edition
Fire Kids Edition Features
- 7″ 1024 x 600 IPS display
- Front(VGA) and rear (2 MP) cameras which can take high resolution photo’s and 720p video
- 8 gb internal storage
- Expandable storage up to 128 GB using MicroSD
- 1.3 quad core processor
- 1 year Freetime unlimited giving your child access to kid-friendly content: educational apps, books, games, movies, music and TV-shows
- Parental controls
- Set up to 4 kids profiles
- Stores and in-app payments blocked by Freetime, so no extra bills.
- Battery time of up to 7 hours
- The color of the tablet is black, the kid-proof case comes in a choice of blue or pink
- Recommended for kids aged 3-10
- Wi-Fi connectivity
- USB 2.0 micro connector and 3.5 audio jack
The Fire kids edition also has the possibility to limit screen time by content type. Perhaps you want to give your kids unlimited reading time, but choose to limit games and videos.
What’s in the box?
The Fire edition tablet, Kid-Proof Case in blue or pink, USB 2.0 cable, 5W power adapter, and a Quick Start Guide
All in all this is a great tablet for kids to learn and play with. For parents it will give them peace of mind about the content their kids are watching and when accidents happen a new one will be sent to you, no questions asked.