New Years Eve is the last day of the year, but it is the beginning of something new for everyone. Here are New Years Eve Ideas for celebrating that will have you looking forward to the festivities.
What to Do?
This is the biggest question about New Year’s Eve. Everyone wants to be where the action is. They know that when they get back to work, co-workers will want to know what they did. The joke is on us, though. Those same co-workers are probably worried about doing something exciting because they believe that you’ll want to hear an interesting story.
First of all, there is more than one way to ring in the New Year and let go of the old one. It all depends on what you decide is best for you. If you spend the entire evening at a party but secretly wish you were home snuggling on the couch, what was it all for? The going tradition is that how you spend New Year’s Eve determines what the next year will bring. It’s not true, strictly speaking, but everyone wants to put their best foot forward.
Avoid the stress of the occasion with a few well-made decisions.
- What are your interests? – Are you a homebody? Then hosting a small gathering at your home means you can stay indoors and still have those you love around you. If you like to party, check out what’s going on around town and with your friends.
- Dress for less – There is no need to buy something new. Learn to accessorize and put together an outfit from existing clothing. Depending on the venue, formal dress may not be required. And, you can choose to attend a party where dress is casual or come-as-you-are.
- Include the kids – Parents of young children still want to ring in the New Year in style. Celebrate with other friends with children. Entertain the kids earlier in the evening and then put them to bed. Bring out the bubbly and watch the actual ball drop at midnight with the adults. The kids can have a sleepover while the parents while the night-time hours away having fun.
- Potluck it – Throwing a party of your own? Ask guests to bring a dish. Instead of a sit-down dinner, go for finger foods. People can eat, mingle, play games and have drinks without getting wasted.
- Hit the discount store – If you want party favors, don’t spend a lot of money on them. This is the only night that you can use that year’s stuff anyway.
End and begin the year without stress, but still having fun.